Thursday, May 13, 2010

I truly am a nervous person

So, last post, which was long ago, is no longer really relevant, except for the parts involving low self-confidence and being nervous all the time.
After a series of internet fluke events, I believe I have discovered my 2 true problems in life (well, maybe not in life, but for now):

I think I have Hyperhrdrosis and Avoidant Personality Disorder.

Let me explain before you start thinking that I'm crazy.
Hyperhydrosis is basically excessive sweating of the hands, feet, armpits, and groin. It's really super embarrassing (I sweat everywhere but the last one! Eww!). And just thinking about sweating makes me sweat. It's the most annoying thing ever.
And APD...well. I find that I use "laziness" as an excuse to not be social, when really, I just don't want to see people. On that list of symptoms I am:
1. Hypersensitive to criticism and rejection--hence, my inability to tell people how I feel about them and my hurt feelings over criticism.
2. Self-imposed social isolation--Dude, I am a hermit of my own devices.
3. Extreme shyness or anxiety in social situations--I am always nervous meeting new people, or being in a group where I don't know anyone
4. Avoids physical contact--this is mostly because of my gross sweaty hands. Ughughughabugh.
5. Feelings of inadequacy--whenever I see someone who I think is better than me I start to feel super down about my own abilities
6. Self-loathing--mostly associated with the above
7. Mistrust of others--I hardly tell any other people what's really on my mind. I hardly trust anyone with stuff anymore.
8. High self-conscious--I think by now this is just obvious.
9. Feeling inferior to others--see number 5
10. Uses fantasy as escapism--I imagine different lives for myself all the time.

10/18

I'm going to write more detail on this later, but right now I just need to get it out and out there before I go and erase everything or whatever.

Christina out

No comments:

Post a Comment