Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Arting--the art of making art?

I have made up a new word: arting. Although, I think this word may be being used by other people, and I am certainly not the first to use it.

BUT! I have been "arting" quite a bit this summer. It reminds me of summers past, when I actually did nothing but hang out, make stuff, and play The Sims. That was before having a stupid job, a dog, and soon-to-be-post-college-woes.

This arting right now includes working on a jean jacket that I might never finish.
It started out as a simple button-up denim shirt that I bought when I was 13. It used to be a big box-like shirt, ending below my waist a bit, with brownish buttons, and a chest front pocket.
Right now it's been cut to hit just below my bust, bleached, dyed, etc. I cut and sewed on denim patches from other jean material and let the ends of them fray (which looks super-cool). I even sewed on labels from other brand's jeans. I cut the sleeves--they're now short-sleeved, possibly getting a bit shorter, as I'm re-hemming it to look better.And it has big white buttons, which looked awful when the shirt was longer, but look a lot better now that it's shorter. I'm adding a little more destroyed stress and patches to it, including a zigzag stich along the bottom so the jacket doesn't completely fray away.

I hope to get this baby ready to wear within the month. I have a feeling it's going to be a great fall staple for me. :D <3

Christina out!

No comments:

Post a Comment